Get Rid of Winter Weight Fast
Winter is that time of year when we are far too aware of the fact that no one will be seeing our legs, arms or stomachs. We have a secret to share with you, Winter is almost over… That’s right, Spring will officially begin on March 20th and you know what that means, less clothes to disguise those 15 pounds you’ve put on.
Before you get too stressed out, we have another secret to share with you. We are going to let you in on a few simple changes you can make to lose weight fast.
Weight Loss Tips
Losing those few extra pounds doesn’t have to be difficult. The combination of a couple lifestyle changes and a changes in eating habits can result in quick weight loss. We’re going to go over a few of them right now.
1. Opt for active social outings: Instead of heading to the movie theater again, go for a walk in the park. This way you’ll be getting in some needed exercise while bypassing the calories you would have consumed from that extra buttery popcorn and large soda.
2. Take a walk before dinner: The obvious benefit of taking a walk before dinner would be burning calories. Did you know that 20 minutes of walking will also suppress your appetite? This means you will be less hungry during dinner and will be able to skip the over eating.
3. Fruit not fruit juice: The number of calories consumed in fruit juices is much higher than what would be found fresh produce. Instead of having one child size box of apple juice, you could have an apple, an orange and a slice of watermelon! After consuming those fresh fruits you will feel more full than you would after having drank a juice box.
4. Walk 45 minutes per day: Typically we hear that 30 minutes of walking is enough. However, 30 minutes is only enough to prevent weight gain. 45 minutes will lead to weight loss. If you walk briskly for 45 minutes (which should be about 3 miles) you could potentially lose 30 pounds per year without changing your eating habits.
5. After breakfast drink water: Research has shown that Americans consume an extra 245 calories per day through drinks such as soda. If you opt for water throughout the day you will be able to save yourself those extra 25 pounds per year.
6. Downsize dinner plates: Bigger plates naturally lead to larger portions. Use your smaller plates for meals in order to cut excess eating.
7. Eat 90% of meals at home: Restaurants today have switched to larger plates, portions and calorie count meals. Overeating happens all too easily when we dine out. Opt for at home meals instead for an easier time maintaining a healthy calorie count.
Weight Loss Help
Are you currently at a weight that you are unhappy with? Is it difficult for you to lose weight? Svelte Medical Weight Loss Center of Orlando can help. Whether you’re looking to lose 20 pounds or 200 pounds, the medical doctors at Svelte will come up with a weight loss plan that works for you. Contact Svelte today to set up an appointment, set your weight loss goals, and be on your way to a happier, healthier you!