Get a Flat Stomach Before Swimsuit Season
With swimsuit season just around the corner, the question everyone is asking is, “How can I make my stomach flat?”
Getting rid of that stubborn belly fat can be very difficult. However, there are certain ways that you can exercise this area that will result in a toned and flat tummy. We are going to share a couple of workout tricks that will have your stomach bikini ready in no time at all!
Exercises For a Flat Stomach
There are a wide variety of exercises that will work to flatten out your tummy. We are going to go over a few of our top favorites. These exercises are very simple and can be made easier or harder depending on how much your body can handle.
This is one the most basic and most popular stomach exercise there are.
- Get into push up positions, with your arms extended fully.
- Slowly lower your body down, bending the elbows, until you can easily transition your weight from your hands to your forearms.
- Tighten your stomach muscles and hold.
- Stay in this position for 60 seconds.
- Do not raise your butt higher into the air or drop your waist closer to the floor. Your body should be completely straight.
If this is too intense, hold yourself in this position for 5 or 10 seconds, rest for 5 seconds, continue to do this for 60 seconds.
The side plank is another wonderful stomach exercise that does not require a lot of skill or experience.
- Lie on your right side with your legs straight out.
- Use your right forearm to hold your body up forming a diagonal line.
- Place your left hand on your hip.
- Tighten your stomach muscles and hold for 60 seconds.
Once again, if 60 seconds is too much for your body, this exercise can be achieved in intervals. Hold yourself up for 5 or 10 seconds, rest for 5 seconds, repeat this for 60 seconds. When you have completed the 60 seconds, switch to your left side.
Lunge & Rotation
Lunge and rotation is a bit more complex than the first two exercise moves, but still very achievable. For this exercise you will need one 5 – 15 pound dumbbell.
- With both hands, hold your dumbbell straight out in front of you. (do not lock your elbows)
- Take a step forward with your left foot.
- While bracing your abs, twist your torso to the left as you bend your knees until they form two 90 degree angles.
- Twist your body back to the center, push up off of your left foot and get back into standing position.
- Repeat with your right leg.
Once you have completed both the left and right leg, you will have done 1 rep. You will want to do 2 or three sets of between 10 and 15 reps.
Svelte Medical Weight Loss Center
For more weight loss tips and tricks, continue to follow the Svelte Medical Weight Loss Blog!
Are you looking to lose weight? Whether you want to lose 20 or 200 pounds, Svelte Medical Weight Loss of Orlando is here to help. The doctors at Svelte will meet with you, and set up a weight loss goals and a plan that works for your body. Contact Svelte today to be on your way to losing weight fast!