5 Ways to Keep from Sabotaging Your Weight Loss Efforts
Have you been unsuccessful in your attempts to lose weight? When working with people to achieve their weight loss in Orlando, we have witnessed some common barriers that get in the way of people reaching their weight loss goals. Here are five of these saboteurs – maybe some of these are getting in the way of your weight loss efforts as well.
- Not Changing the Types of Food You Eat – You won’t lose weight if you continue to eat unhealthy processed foods. Don’t be fooled into thinking that you can still eat this way if you just eat less. Eating less overall, combined with eating whole, nutritious foods, is the key to success.
- Depriving Yourself – While it’s important to reduce the total amount of calories consumed in a day, it’s just as important to eat enough and not starve yourself. Not only is it unhealthy to severely limit your calorie intake, but it will inevitably lead to binge eating. And then you’re back to square one.
- Not Getting Enough Sleep – Research has shown that sleep deprivation can inhibit fat loss and lead to hunger, causing you to eat more and, therefore, destroy your attempts to lose weight.
- Too Much Stress – When you’re under a lot of stress, your body produces cortisol. This “fight or flight” hormone worsens insulin resistance and promotes fat storage.
- Eliminating All Fats – Remember that there are healthy fats, and these are the fats our bodies need to function properly and remain healthy. Not including healthy fats as a regular part of your diet can lead to health issues, sidetracking your plans for weight loss.
Looking for some guidance and accountability to help you achieve your weight loss goals? Contact Svelte Weight Loss Center today. We’d love to speak with you and help with your weight loss in Orlando!