Thanksgiving Desserts: 3 Clean Recipes You Will Adore
Thanksgiving, a time when families come together to eat and share the things they’re thankful for. Well, for most of us clean eaters, we’re thankful that this year we started or continued our clean eating lifestyles and have since then lost such and such amount of weight, and we don’t want to give it all up just to indulge on this food centered holiday. So how can you keep working towards your goal weight while still enjoying the foody goodness of this annual celebration? We have a couple of Thanksgiving dessert recipes to help you do just that.
1. Clean Apple Pie: It isn’t Thanksgiving if there’s no apple pie. Preparing this desert has become a tradition in American homes and you don’t have to give it up! Here’s a recipe for delicious clean apple pie:
- 1 batch of clean eating pie crust (You’ll need two crusts, top and bottom)
- Apples, cut and seeded – Enough to fill the pie tin. (About 2-3 cups)
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon organic cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your apples, cinnamon, honey or agave, cornstarch and lemon juice. Stir well to coat the apples thoroughly.
- Pour the apples into your pie crust (which should be IN the pie pan already).
- Top the pie with the second crust and pinch all around the edge to seal it.
- Cut a vent in the top so steam can escape and transfer the entire pie to the oven.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour. It’s done when the juices start to bubble up through the vents you cut in the top.
2. Clean Pumpkin Pie: Few things in this world compare to the perfection that is pumpkin pie. The ultimate way to top off all of you Thanksgiving feasting is with slice of this seasonal delicacy. Here we have a recipe for the best clean pumpkin pie.
- 2 cups prepared pumpkin
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk (you can substitute unsweetened soy, almond or rice milk)
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into pie crusts.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. and bake for 45 additional minutes.
Side Notes: This pie is not very sweet. If you prefer a sweeter pie, add an additional 1/4 cup of honey.
3. Clean Pecan Pie: It’s everyone’s mission to have that stash of top secret “family recipe” that others are dying to get their hands on. Well, our clean pecan pie is another one for your collection.
- 1 batch Clean eating pie crust recipe
- 1/2 cup honey for a less sweet pie OR
- 3/4 cups honey for a medium sweet pie OR
- 1 cup honey for a sickeningly sweet pie
- 3 egg whites, whipped with a fork
- 2 tablespoons safflower or other light flavored oil
- 1 cup ground raw pecans (grind after measuring)
- 1 cup raw pecan pieces
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour batter into raw pie crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F, and continue to bake for 20-25 minutes. The pie should raise in the oven and have small cracks in the top when it’s done.
- Remove from over and allow to cool overnight.
With these irresistible desserts on the table, this Thanksgiving is sure to be a hit, and the best part is your family wont even know they’re eating healthy. If you have weight loss goals hanging over your head that you can’t seem to meet no matter how hard you try. Don’t wait any longer, Svelte Medical Weight Loss will help you lose weight fast and keep it off. The sooner you sign up, the sooner you’ll be meeting your weight loss goals.