5 Unique Tips for Sticking to Your Diet
Sometimes, no matter how much you want to lose weight, it’s difficult to keep yourself on track. You find simple ways to justify why you should be allowed to eat that entire bag of M&Ms or second serving at dinner. You’ve been good, you tell yourself. You deserve it. It’s not going to make that much of a difference.
The problem is, it does. Because once you start eating the things that are bad for you, you don’t want to stop. And before you know, you’re back to where you were before you ever began your diet and weight loss regimen.
So, how do you avoid all these temptations and actually stick to your diet? Here are a few tips that will help you with weight loss in Orlando.
Tips for Sticking to Your Diet
- Pounds to Go Jar- Take two empty jars and decorate the outside of them. One should say “pounds to lose” or “pounds to go” and the other should say “pounds lost.” Fill the pounds to lose jar with marbles, rocks, fake gems, or even pennies, totaling the number of pounds you want to lose. As you lose each pound, take one object and place it in the pounds lost jar. Seeing the results of your hard work in these jars may be just the motivational push you need to continue on your diet.
- Pay Yourself- Every time you really want to eat a brownie, but you grab an apple instead, or every time you want to lounge on the couch, but you get up and run on the treadmill, reward yourself by placing a dollar in a piggy bank or dedicated jar. When you finally reach your weight loss goals, you’ll have the cash you need for a new wardrobe!
- Use Clothes Instead of the Scale- If weight loss for you is more about looking great and feeling great than the actual pounds you lose, then don’t rely on the scale for motivation. Instead, grab your favorite pair of jeans- the ones you’ve kept in the back of the closet in hopes you’d fit into them some day- and try them on. If they still don’t fit, that may just be the motivation you need to walk away from the food item that could derail your diet.
- Try Something New- One of the reasons people fail to maintain a healthy diet is because they end up eating the same thing every single day of the week. As much as you might love salad, you don’t want to eat it two times a day for the rest of your life. So, get experimenting. Find new, exciting recipes to try at least three times a week. Make a journal of what you try, what you like, and the recipes you can live without.
- Write Yourself Notes- Somewhere in your home is a pack of Post-its and a pen. This is the time to start using them. Creating notes to yourself and post them everywhere in your home. They can be motivational with quotes like “You can do it. Believe in yourself.” Or they can be funny with quote like “Don’t reward yourself with food. You’re not a dog.” Choose locations where you are sure to see them, like inside the cabinet, on the bathroom mirror, or in front of the speedometer in your car.
Having trouble sticking to your diet? Use these tips for quick weight loss that will last.
If you need help with weight loss in Orlando, turn to Svelte medical weight loss. We can help you change your life and achieve your goals for quick weight loss. With our help, you’ll see results.