Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 oz. box frozen spinach, thawed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup fat free ½ and 1/2
- 2 oz. fat free feta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup shredded low fat mozzarella
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Squeeze the excess moisture from the thawed spinach.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a skillet sprayed lightly with non-stick spray. Sauté the mushrooms and garlic until the mushrooms are soft and all of their moisture has evaporated away (5-7 minutes).
- Coat a 9-inch pie dish with non-stick spray. Place the squeeze-dried spinach in the bottom of the pie dish. Place the sautéed mushrooms on top of the spinach, followed by the crumbled feta.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, ½ & ½ and Parmesan. Season lightly with pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and feta in the pie dish. Top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Place the pie dish on a baking sheet for easy transfer in and out of the oven. Bake the crustless quiche for 45-55 minutes, or until the top is golden brown (ovens may vary). Cut into six slices and serve.
2 Protein, 1 vegetable per serving