Being overweight and obese doesn’t just negatively affect one’s physical appearance but can lead to many serious health issues. At Svelte, we not only help others achieve weight loss in Orlando, but we provide the necessary tools to enable them to maintain a healthy weight.
Health Issues Linked to Obesity
If you’re not motivated to lose weight for the sake of looking better, read on to find out why attaining a healthy weight is imperative for your overall well-being. Below are a few of the many health conditions for which a person’s risk is significantly increased by being overweight or obese.
- Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) – CHD is a condition where plaque builds up in your coronary arteries, narrowing or blocking blood flow, and causes reduced blood flow to the heart, which can lead to a heart attack.
- Type-2 Diabetes – With this condition, cells in the body don’t properly use insulin and, eventually, the body isn’t able to produce enough insulin to control its blood sugar level. Diabetes is a leading cause of early death, CHD, blindness, stroke, and other severe health issues.
- High Blood Pressure – Consistently high blood pressure results in a lot of damage to the body over time.
- Stroke – When an area of plaque buildup in the arteries ruptures, a blood clot is formed. Blood clots close to the brain can cause a stroke since they can block blood flow and oxygen to the brain.
- Cancer – Being overweight or obese increases one’s risk for colon, breast, endometrial, and gallbladder cancer.
If you’re suffering from obesity, it isn’t too late to regain control and enjoy a healthy body and lifestyle. Contact Svelte Weight Loss Center today for help with your weight loss in Orlando and getting to a healthy weight.