Health Issues Linked to Obesity
If you’re not motivated to lose weight for the sake of looking better, read on to find out why attaining a healthy weight is imperative for your overall well-being. Below are a few of the many health conditions for which a person’s risk is significantly increased by being overweight or obese.
- Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) – CHD is a condition where plaque builds up in your coronary arteries, narrowing or blocking blood flow, and causes reduced blood flow to the heart, which can lead to a heart attack.
- Type-2 Diabetes – With this condition, cells in the body don’t properly use insulin and, eventually, the body isn’t able to produce enough insulin to control its blood sugar level. Diabetes is a leading cause of early death, CHD, blindness, stroke, and other severe health issues.
- High Blood Pressure – Consistently high blood pressure results in a lot of damage to the body over time.
- Stroke – When an area of plaque buildup in the arteries ruptures, a blood clot is formed. Blood clots close to the brain can cause a stroke since they can block blood flow and oxygen to the brain.
- Cancer – Being overweight or obese increases one’s risk for colon, breast, endometrial, and gallbladder cancer.
If you’re suffering from obesity, it isn’t too late to regain control and enjoy a healthy body and lifestyle. Contact Svelte Weight Loss Center today for help with your weight loss in Orlando and getting to a healthy weight.