One of the most important things you can do when you have a goal for Orlando weight loss is to take the time to organize and stock your kitchen in a way that’s conducive to your efforts. Here are our tips on how to get your kitchen Svelte ready; follow these tips and your kitchen will be set up to help you succeed with your Svelte plan.
- Eliminate Simple Carbohydrates: Eliminate as many simple carbs from your cabinets as possible. These include crackers, white rice, white pasta, sugar, and pastries. Replace these with healthier carbs like barley and slow-cooked oats.
- Keep Healthy Foods In Plain Sight: If you keep a bowl of fresh fruit out on the counter, it will serve as a reminder to eat it. If they’re out of sight, as the saying goes, they’ll be out of mind. Also, keep cut up vegetables like cucumbers and carrots in the refrigerator with some healthy dips like hummus and salsa. This way, when you’re hungry, it will be super easy to grab a piece of fruit or some veggies and dip.
- Choose Fats Wisely: Use healthy fats, those low in saturated fat and omega-6 acids, like low-fat dairy products, olive oil, and nut butters. Get rid of any vegetable oils, shortening, whole fat dairy products, and butter. Keep nuts (like almonds and pistachios) and yogurt stored where you can easily grab them for a quick snack.
- Stock Your Freezer: Always keep frozen fruits and vegetables on hand in your freezer. They’re great to use when whipping up a healthy smoothie, in quick stir-fry dishes, or when you need a topping for oatmeal or yogurt. Also, keep a good supply of lean proteins like chicken and fish in your freezer so healthy dinner options are always available.
- Use Spices to Flavor Food: Calorie-free spices are a smart way add flavor to your foods. Think about using cinnamon to put on top of your oatmeal and seasoning chicken with oregano. Spices add variety to your meals, so have fun experimenting with them and enjoy incorporating different flavors into your diet.
These are some great ways to keep your kitchen stocked and arranged to help you achieve success with your Orlando weight loss goals. Contact Svelte Weight Loss Center online, or call 407-804-5200, to learn more about how our program can benefit you.