Exercise Before Work? Yes!
Fitness gurus over at FitSugar.com have written up five excellent reasons to exercise in the morning before work. While just about everyone loves to slap the SNOOZE button for that extra fifteen minutes, why not get up a little earlier and break a sweat? Here’s the argument put forth by FitSugar:
1. It’s usually a peaceful, quiet time of day, so it can be a great opportunity to think and get some time alone.
2. Exercising in the morning can help wake up your brain, clear your mind, and help you organize your thoughts or your mental to-do list for the day.
3. If you get it done first thing, then you won’t have to worry about trying to squeeze it in to your busy schedule, especially if you have kids. Plus, studies have shown morning exercisers are more consistent.
4. Exercising helps get things moving, digestively speaking, so working out early can prevent getting backed up later on in the day.
5. Since working out on an empty stomach can cause you to lose muscle, morning workouts will encourage you to eat breakfast, which has been proven to boost your metabolism, which helps to burn calories.
Now, the only thing holding yourself back is you. So tomorrow, set the alarm clock to an hour earlier, and enjoy the peaceful morning clarity, and help yourself lose a few more pounds!