Ten Great Clean Snacks
In the challenge to find the best weight loss solution, planning and prepping clean and healthy meals in advance can be a little time consuming and tricky at first, but it’s easy to get the hang of it. The real struggle is figuring out what to snack on when your stomach starts grumbling between meals. Don’t let this be a weak point in your healthy endeavor. Keep it clean by stocking up on the things that are best for you.
Here are 10 quick and easy snacks you can prepare in 10 minutes or less.
Best Clean Eating Snacks
- Carrots and avocado dip: This quick and easy snack has countless benefits. Avocados have been named the world’s most perfect food, and here’s why. Not only is this food rich in fiber, good fats and basically every vitamin, but the high dose of vitamin E found in Avocados has been reported to neutralize free radicals and build up proteins which reverses Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Dried fruit chips: While some dried fruit chips are coated in sugar and need to be avoided, others are an extremely healthy and beneficial snack. Among the healthier options are: apples, apricots, mango, cherries, figs, papayas, blueberries, plums, pears and tomato. Fruits to avoid would be: pineapple, banana, cranberries and watermelon.
- A hard boiled egg: This snack can be prepared in 6 minutes or less and has many health benefits. Hard boiled eggs are filled with good fats, high in protein, great for your eyes and for strong bones.
- Turkey roll: All turkeys are not made equally. While there are many deli meat brands to be avoided due to preservatives and nitrates, Boars Head turkey breast rolls make for a healthy and delicious snack.
- Sliced red pepper and hummus: This healthy snack is a must have. Hummus is made from chick peas which are rich in fiber and protein as well as vitamins and minerals. More importantly, chick peas lower blood cholesterol and help to prevent cancer.
- Almonds: People often get confused about the nutritional benefits of almonds. Although this is in-fact a high-fat food, almonds are proven to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. A handful a day makes for a wonderful snack option.
- Steamed edamame with sea salt: With a preparation time of under ten minutes this is a quick and easy snack with some serious benefits. A half cup of steamed edamame holds 9 grams of fiber, provides you with 10% of your daily value of iron, and 10% of antioxidants such as vitamin A and C and much more!
- Clementine: Also known as “Cuties” deserve a lot more credit than they are given. Just one of these small fruits provides you with 50% of your daily value of vitamin C which gets rid of cancer causing free radicals. This fruit is also great for your immune system and prevents heart disease.
- Kale chips: This snack is all around good for you. Kale chips improve eyesight, heart health and provide you with 600% of your daily value of Iron which is required for proper blood clotting.
- Cottage cheese: 1 Cup of cottage cheese provides women with 50% of their daily recommended protein intake and 41% for men. Cottage cheese is also wonderful for bone health.
There are countless other healthy snacks you could add to this list to keep yourself on track with your healthy eating. The benefits of eating healthy far outweigh the momentary satisfaction and long term damage caused by eating unclean foods.
For more information and the best weight loss solutions, contact Svelte Medical Weight Loss Centers today. We have the best track record for fast weight loss with our patients experiencing exceptional results. If you want to lose 20 pounds fast, you need to partner with Svelte!