Five Great Fruit-Infused Detox Water Drinks
Did you know that if you don’t get enough water in your body, the fat burning process will greatly slow down? It’s true! Your body relies on water for everything from proper brain function to the elimination of waste. Ideally, you should be drinking a gallon of water every day! Okay, I hear you groaning already. Many of us aren’t in love with the thought of drinking water. Well, I’ve got good news for you! Fruit infused water! There is no better way to start your morning than with a fruit infused, cool glass of water.
Detox fruit infused waters are not only refreshing, but they are also rich in vitamins that help to purify your system and prepare your body for the day.
For the best infusion, prepare the detox water of your choice the night before and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. You’ll wake up to healthy and extremely flavorful goodness!
Clean Eating 101 – Best Fruit Infused Detox Water Drinks
We’ve compiled a list of the five best fruit detox water drinks, the recipes and their benefits. These recipes are in proportion to one glass of detox water. However, you can leave the fruit in your glass all day long and keep replenishing the water.
Kiwi Infused Water
This detox water with Kiwi drink has a light sweetness to it followed by a refreshing cucumber aftertaste. Hint: The cucumber infuses the water very quickly, so even if you’re in a hurry, at least use the cucumber for a quick, detoxifying lift!
- Cucumbers prevent water retention and have anti-inflammatory properties which are great for detoxing.
- This drink is also rich in vitamins that will do a world of good for your skin such as vitamin C, vitamin A, iron, calcium, vitamin K and potassium.
- 2 Kiwis
- ½ Lime
- ¼ Cucumber
- Sprig of mint
Strawberry Kiwi Detox Water
The sweet fruity flavor of this combination is perfect for all of those hot summer days.
- Kiwi is a superfood rich in vitamin A and vitamin E which are known to get prevent certain free radicals in the body as well as fighting off certain types of cancer. Also, we often forget that this fruit is great for flushing toxins from the colon which is great for your health and well-being as a whole.
- Strawberries are a great anti-aging tool because they provide your body with biotin and antioxidant ellagic acid which helps to prevent skin from sagging. Strawberries also fight carcinogens in the body.
- 2 Strawberries
- 2 Kiwis
This is an interesting flavor combination, definitely worth trying. You get that heavy nectary sweetness combined with the cool mint flavor, and it is delightful.
- Watermelon improves liver function by getting rid of, cell damaging, ammonia using an amino acid called citrulline.
- Mint leaves improve digestion and ease stomach pains.
- ½ Cup cubed watermelon
- 3 Mint leaves
Lemon and Kiwi Water With Mint
This has recently become an incredibly popular detox drink. You’ll find the recipe on most health food pages, Pinterest, Instagram, practically every social media site. This is one of those flavors that quenches and rejuvenates immediately after the first sip.
- Lemon is great for the immune system and cleanses the body of impurities.
- Mint aids in digestion.
- Cucumber prevents inflammation in the body.
- ½ Lemon
- 2 Slices cucumber
- 2 Mint leaves
Made with raspberries and blackberries, this drink has a pleasantly subtle flavor.
- Raspberries are rich in an anti-aging phytochemical that is both anti-aging and cancer preventative.
- 1 Handful raspberries
- 1 Handful blackberries
Most skin conditions and bodily ailments are an outward reflection of issues taking place within your body. Detox drink will help to purify and cleanse your system in a natural and healthy way.