You May Be Drinking All Your Calories
One of the fastest and easiest ways to spoil your weight loss progress, is by drinking your calories. When you’re drinking and not eating, it’s easy to lose track of how many calories you have consumed in a day which eventually results in excessive weight gain.
The safest bet for a beverage choice is obviously, water. Water cleanses, replenishes and causes your body to run more efficiently than any other liquid ever could.
There are times, however, when water just isn’t enough. We need energy, we need sugar, we want to relax, sometimes water just wont do. So what do you we drink? Cafe con leche! Chocolate shake! A nice fizzy soda!
Well, let’s take a closer look at these drink we substitute for water and how good, or bad, they really are for us.
What We Drink Instead of Water
Here we have compiled a list of drinks we often reach for instead of a bottle of water and their sugar equivalence.
- Sobe Green Tea: Equivalent to 4 slices of Sara Lee cherry pie
- Sunkist: Equivalent to 6 Breyers Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Sierra Nevada Bigfoot beer: Equivalent to 12-pack of Michelob Ultra
- Tropicana Tropical Fruit Fury Twister: Equivalent to Two 7-ounce canisters Reddi-wip
- Arizona Rx Energy: Equivalent to 6 Cinnamon Roll Pop-Tarts
- Starbucks Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha with Whipped Cream (venti, 20 fl oz): Equivalent to 8½ scoops Edy’s Slow Churned Rich and Creamy Coffee Ice Cream
- Smoothie King Peanut Power Plus Grape (large, 40 fl oz): Equivalent to 20 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Cold Stone PB&C (Gotta Have It size, 24 fl oz): Equivalent to 30 Chewy Chips Ahoy Cookies
- Traditional Red Lobster Lobsterita (24 fl oz): Equivalent to 7 Almond Joy candy bars
On the opposite side of the spectrum, there are healthy drinks that have the same functions as the 9 drinks listed above. Here are a list of good drinks that provide you with energy and sweetness.
- Green tea: Contrary to the Sobe green tea, freshly brewed green tea works wonders for the human body. It provides your body with a small dose of caffeine, anti inflammatories, and it eliminates free radicals. Green tea also lessons your risk of heart disease and decreases tumor sizes in cancer patients as well as preventing it all together.
- Coffee: Not only does a cup of black coffee give you that energy kick to get you going, but it actually has a lot of health benefits. Coffee lessons the symptoms of Parkinson’s, it’s great for your liver, it’s linked to lower suicide levels, reduces chances of skin cancer for women, and is great for brain functions.
- Natural fruit smoothie: There are an infinite number of way to make a healthy fruit smoothie. Opt for this instead of smoothies from powder or fast food stores. Smoothies give you energy and help you to meet you daily recommended nutrition.
There are healthy alternatives for everything, after all, that is how they get the idea for the unhealthy versions. On the journey to live a healthy lifestyle, it is important to avoid these items that ruin your efforts to meet your weight loss goals.
For more help meeting your weight loss goals, contact svelte medical weight loss in Orlando, fl. Medical doctors will help you create a plan of action to lose weight fast, in a healthy manner. Their methods are tested and lasting. Call today to set up your first appointment.