7 Ways to Get Healthier
If you’re tired of not being as healthy as you know you can be but don’t know where to start to get on the path to health and weight loss in Orlando, let Svelte help you. Below are seven things you can do right now to get healthier and start feeling great.
- Move It: Walk, run, ride a bike, take a dance class. The goal is to get your body moving every day and avoid being too sedentary. Aim for at least 30 minutes of daily exercise, whether it’s done all at once or in smaller segments, throughout the day.
- Drink Water: Our bodies need water in order to perform at optimal levels. Water is essential for many of our bodily functions, including regulating our body temperature. By drinking enough water each day, you’ll not only keep your body working at its best, but, since we often confuse thirst for hunger, you’ll likely consume less unnecessary calories each day.
- Get Enough Sleep: Sleep deprivation can lead to a whole host of health issues as it can increase our risk for many diseases. It also decreases our cognitive functioning, causes us to overeat, and negatively impacts our mood. Try to get seven to eight hours of sleep every night by training yourself to go to bed at the same time each day and wake up at the same time, even on weekends.
- Eat Small, Frequent Meals: Eating small, healthy meals and snacks every four to six hours will help you fight off any cravings, keeping your hunger at bay, and help your metabolism remain stable.
- Get a Mix of Nutrients at Every Meal: Aim to include protein, heart-healthy fats, complex carbohydrates, and plenty of colorful fruits and vegetables with each meal so that your body receives the nutrients it needs to function properly and stay healthy.
- Minimize Your Sugar and Caffeine Intake: Consuming too much sugar and caffeine will cause highs and lows in your energy levels throughout the day, creating a never-ending cycle that keeps you craving even more. By decreasing your consumption of sugar and caffeine, you’ll experience more sustained energy throughout the day as you get rid of your reliance on these false energy boosters.
- Eat at Home the Majority of the Time: Home-cooked meals are healthier than eating out, so make it a lifestyle choice to only eat out once in a while as a treat or for a special occasion. Your waistline and your wallet will both be very grateful!
Follow these seven tips and you’ll immediately begin feeling healthier and on the way to achieving your weight loss goals in Orlando. For additional support, contact Svelte Weight Loss Center today to learn more about how our program can benefit you.