Lemons! 6 Ways to Get Healthy with This Bright Yellow Fruit
We’re constantly hearing about the latest medications and products on the market that will rid our bodies of sickness, get us in shape or improve our mental stability. When you get down to it, many of these products are doing our bodies more harm than good.
The safest way to cure your body of sickness or impurities, is naturally. There are tons of options out there for natural remedies for bodily issues, but the one we have taken an interest in, is lemon.
Uses For Lemons
Most of us have heard that lemons have purifying properties, they can cleanse anything from your sink to your body. What most of us don’t know, is how extensive the list of uses for lemons is. Although there are many more than six uses for lemons, we picked out the ones that most interested us and that are most valuable to our bodies.
- Cancer: Through numerous studies, researchers have found that lemon extract can successfully destroy malignant cells in numerous cancer types. These include: breast cancer, colon cancer and lung cancer. It has also been found that lemons destroy cancer more safely and effectively than chemotherapy due to the fact that it only affects malignant cells and healthy cells go on unharmed.
- Weight Loss: Those who consume lemons have an easier time losing weight. The high acidic content of lemons makes them effective in lowering the absorption of sugar and making digestion easy. Lemon also helps your body to absorb calcium which burns fats in the body.
- Antidepressant: In a study of 12 patients suffering from depression scientists exposed them to the aroma of lemon. As a result, the patients had a lessened need for antidepressant doses and experienced normalized immune function and neuroendocrine hormone levels.
- Acne: People have been using lemon as a natural cure for acne for quite some time, but how does it work? Lemon juice reduces oil by constricting the body tissues and pushing the oil out of your skin. Lemon also kills bacteria with its citric acid which acts as an antiseptic.
- Blood Pressure Regulator: Lemon can be used to relieve high blood pressure. The lemon causes blood vessels to become soft and pliable. As a result of the rigidness being removed, high blood pressure is reduced. Also, because lemon juice contains vitamin B, consuming it on a regular basis will lower your chances of heart failure!
- Boosts Immune System: Lemon juice helps to boost our immune systems by replacing fluids that we lost during a fever or through mucus production. The lemon juice will give your body a large dose of vitamin C which helps our immune system function. If you have an upset stomach or ache in your body, lemon juice is a smart alternative to sugary, alcoholic or caffeinated drinks.
Weight Loss Help
For many, weight loss doesn’t come easily. Svelte Medical Weight Loss Center of Orlando specializes in helping individuals of all different figures, create and meet weight loss goals. If doing it on your own just isn’t working, contact Svelte today. They will have you on track and losing weight fast.