5 Terrible Ingredients that Make Us Fat
Thousands of people have chosen to start living healthy and eating clean for a number of reasons: they want to lose weight, reverse illnesses or avoid deterioration of bodily systems. We have yet another reason why you should consider changing your lifestyle.
Foods that aren’t clean cause more than just weight problems, the majority of them are literally poisonous. Many ingredients available to us here in the US are actually so harmful to the human body that they have been banned in other countries.
We have compiled a list of ingredients that you should avoid at all cost. Mind you, this is an incomplete list, the actual number of poisonous ingredients is quite substantial.
Ingredients to Avoid
- High Fructose Corn Syrup: This is an ingredient many of us have become accustomed to seeing on the back of our food products. You can find it in ketchup, salad dressing, soda, canned fruit, the list goes on and on. So what makes it so bad? High fructose corn syrup takes up to three times as long for your body to break down as natural sugars. If you are consuming it regularly, your body will not be able to keep up and you will begin to gain weight. Because so many foods contain high fructose corn syrup, you can easily take in too much without realizing it. This will lead to repeated sugar and insulin spikes which over time will result in diabetes.
- Food Dye: Food dye is found in soda, pastries, candies and much more. What you don’t naturally stop to consider when your child is eating a red Skittle, is the fact that it’s been dyed with chemicals. People are becoming more and more aware of food coloring now because of the fact that it is directly linked to thyroid, adrenal, bladder, kidney and even brain cancer.
- BHA: Butylated Hydroxyanisole is a preservative found in countless products from food to gum and even makup. BHA is meant to prevent spoilage and food poisoning, however, it disrupts endocrines and can have a negative impact on hormones. The scariest thing about BHA is that the FDA has deemed it as safe for consumption regardless of the fact that it is a proven cacinogen (cause of cancer). Many people have difficulty metabolizing BHA and suffer behavioral and health changes.
- Sodium Nitrates: Buy fresh and organic meats. BUY FRESH AND ORGANIC MEATS! We can not stress this enough. Processed meats such as bacon, lunch meat, hot dogs and salami are preserved with sodium nitrite. The result of consumption of sodium nitrite is colon cancer and metabolic syndrome which leads to diabetes.
- MSG: Monosodium glutamate is a “processed flavor enhancer”. It does exactly what you would think, companies add it to their products to make them taste better. That sounds pretty good right? Wrong. Your food may taste better, but it’s a thousand times worse for your health. MSG causes ADHD, autism, obesity, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, headaches and more. MSG goes by many other names to make recognizing it a little bit more challenging. Here is a list of names MSG also goes by.
- Sodium glutamate
- Autolyzed yeast
- Calcium caseinate
- Glutamic acid
- Hydrolyzed corn gluten
- Hydrolyzed protein (any protein that is hydrolyzed)
- Monopotassium glutamate
- Monosodium glutamate
- Natrium glutamate (natrium is Latin/German for sodium)
- Sodium caseinate
- Textured protein
- Yeast food
- Yeast extract
- Yeast nutrient
If you’re considering making the switch to a healthy lifestyle, contact Svelte Medical Center. We will get you on track with a nutritious diet plan that will meet your health needs. Contact us today for more information.