3 Scrumptious (and Healthy) Salads
Salad, even the name of it makes you think “boring!” We know salads are good for us, and can provide us with huge nutritional benefits that help us lose weight. But who wants to eat lettuce every day? Even “spicing things up” by replacing the lettuce with spinach doesn’t make us enjoy salads any more. So what do we do? Is all hope lost for salads?
No! Here’s a secret for you, salads are only as delicious or bland as you make them. So why not make them great?
Absolutely Delicious Salad Recipes!
We have a few salad recipes that will have you licking the bowl clean! Okay maybe that’s too much…But they are good!
1. Roasted Moroccan Carrot Salad With Chickpeas
- 12 small carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped into eighths
- ½ unwaxed lemon, quartered
- 2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- salt, to taste
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup rocket (arugula)
- ? cup dates, halved and finely diced
- 1 tbs slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ cup yoghurt
- pomegranate molasses
- Preheat the oven to 180 celsius and line a tray with baking paper. Place the carrots, red onion and lemon in a bowl along with the spices, olive oil, salt and garlic. Toss well to coat evenly. Spread out evenly on the baking tray and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender and slightly caramelised. Set aside to cool. When cool add the chickpeas and toss well to coat in the spiced oil.
- Place the spinach and arugula in a serving bowl or platter. Top with the carrot and chickpea mixture. Sprinkle with dates and the slivered almonds and serve with yoghurt swirled with pomegranate molasses.
2. Nectarine Salmon Salad
- 2 cups torn Romain lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radicchio
- 1 nectarine
- 100g smoked, candied salmon pieces (see note below)
- Small handful walnut pieces
- For the dressing
- 1 tbsp macadamia nut oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- To make the dressing, place all ingredients in a mason jar and shake well
- Place lettuce and radicchio in a bowl
- Cut nectarine into half, discard the pit and slice thinly
- Top lettuce and radicchio with salmon, nectarine slices and walnuts
- Drizzle with dressing and toss
3. Roasted Butternut Squash, Pomegranate & Goat Cheese Salad
- 10 oz. mixed salad greens
- 1½-2 c Roasted Butternut Squash (warm, room temperature, or cold)
- ½ c pomegranate seeds
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Creamy Greek Yogurt Maple Dijon Dressing
- Lay the salad greens on a large platter or individual plates.
- Top with the butternut squash, pomegranate seeds, and crumbled goat cheese.
- Drizzle with the salad dressing.
Weight Loss Help
If you are trying to get on track to lose weight, making these healthy lifestyle changes is pertinent to your success. Figuring out how to lose weight on your own can be a bit tricky. If you have been searching for a program that lead you down the path to losing weight fast, contact Svelte Medical Weight Loss Center. There, medical doctors will assess your health and figure out which weight loss plan will have you losing weight fast. For more information on Svelte Medical Center of Orlando, visit sveltemd.com