3 Spring Clean Recipes
Spring is in the air and with that comes the desire for fresh foods with fresh ingredients!
Revamping your “go to” list of recipes every season is also a great way to keep your meals from getting boring, repetitive or bland. So let’s take advantage of this fresh season and talk about some recipes that will have you and your family satisfied and healthy!
Fresh Recipes For Spring
1. Spring Rolls For Spring!
- 8 8in round spring-roll wrappers (available in grocery stores)
- 2 cups shredded Bibb lettuce
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp, coarsely chopped
- cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion
- tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 tablespoons bottled peanut sauce
- tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- Fill a shallow dish with warm water
- Dip each spring-roll wrapper in water; place between damp paper towels for 10 minutes
- n a large bowl, combine lettuce, shrimp, carrot, scallion, cilantro, 2 tablespoons peanut sauce, and 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 3 tablespoons peanut sauce and 1 tablespoon rice vinegar; set aside
- Place 1/2 cup of the shrimp mixture half an inch from the bottom edge of a wrapper
- Fold bottom edge of the wrapper over the filling
- Fold sides over and roll up
- Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers
- Cut each in half; serve with dipping sauce
2. Asian Style Lettuce Wraps
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 2 tsp. coconut sugar (honey works too)
- 1/4 tsp. fresh, grated ginger (more if you like a stronger ginger flavor)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup low sodium or homemade chicken broth
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl or bottle and whisk, stir or shake until the sweetener has dissolved.
- Serve in a small dipping container with lettuce wraps.
- Carrots, shredded
- Water chestnuts
- Sesame seeds
- Place a small amount of each filling at the center of your lettuce leaves and roll it up.
- Dip in sauce and enjoy!
3. Fresh Zucchini
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, diced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 zucchini, halved, seeds and pulp removed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare stuffing: In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat 1 tsp oil. Add garlic, onion and mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms soften, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add remaining 2 tsp oil, vinegar, bread crumbs and Parmesan. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon an equal amount of stuffing into each zucchini half. Bake on a foil-lined cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
Svelte Medical Weight Loss Center
For more tips on healthy eating and healthy living, continue to follow the Svelte Blog.
Are you working on losing weight? Are you struggling to meet your goals? Svelte Medical Weight Loss of Orlando is here to help. The doctors at Svelte will create a weight loss plan that works for you and your body. Contact Svelte today to be on your way to losing weight fast, a healthier you.