I’m sure you’ve heard somewhere along the line that, clean eating is not just a diet, it’s a lifestyle. That being said, you’ve probably been living your lifestyle for 20+ years, meaning you’re you very well adjusted to it. Deciding to eat clean is quite possibly the best health decision you could ever make, but I wont lie to you, getting into it can be a bit tricky.
Clean eating will lead to you having more controlled emotions, loads of energy, a toxin free body and ease of weight loss. There is no question of whether this is a good decision for your life. The hardest part about starting a clean lifestyle is knowing what to eat. So we are going to provide you with a guide to shopping to make this change come a little easier.
Hitting All Food Groups
In order for clean eating to benefit your body, you have go about it in a healthy way. By that I mean, it’s vital to make sure you’re feeding your body all of the proper nutrients in order to prevent deficiencies and illness’s from thriving.
Your grocery list should include items from all areas of the food pyramid.
1. Fruits and Vegetables: We recommend that all of your produce be fresh. A great way to save money on these items is to check out any local farmer’s markets or produce stands.
Red, yellow or green bell peppers
Corn on the cob
And any others you may prefer
And any others you may prefer
2. Dairy / Non-Dairy: Technically the only clean dairy comes from raw milk, which is expensive, hard to find and in some circumstances, even illegal. The next best thing is organic full fat dairy.
Cottage cheese (technically not clean but an excellent source of protein)
Unsweetened almond milk
Unsweetened soy milk
3. Grains: Finding clean grain products can be a bit challenging, these are a few of our trusted brands.
Alvarado Street Bakery breads
Ak Mak whole crackers
Whole wheat pasta
4. Meats: Many meat products are now pumped full of steroids and other chemicals so it is important to buy organic.
5. Other: This is where the random items you just can’t live without come in.
Steel cut oats
Having a clear plan for all the items you are going to pick up from the store makes clean eating a much more doable, and less intimidating change. Clean eating is a great way to cleanse your body and lose weight fast. If you’re searching for a weight loss solution that will work for you, we here at Svelte Medical Weight Loss are here to help. We will help you make a weight loss plan that works for you. Our practice is natural and proven. Visit SvelteMD.com to read about others whose lives have been changed as a result of the dietary guidance of Svelte.
Dr. Richard and Susie Bragg have been committed to bringing our proven system of medical weight loss to Orlando, Florida and the surrounding area for well over a decade. With a 90% success rate, we believe Svelte MD is the best way to lose weight fast and keep it off forever. We have a plan that fits every person, regardless of medical background or age. Get on board with us and discover a new, fabulous you!